Last update: Feb 26, 2021
Gigred International and its affiliates respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal information of its users - buyers, sellers, collaborators, and other visitors browsing the site as well as affiliates, influencers, and other collaborators interacting with Gigred. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding our information when you visit and use the site. This policy explains our privacy practices for the site and services Gigred and privacy practices that apply to affiliates, influencers, and other individual collaborators. By accessing and using Gigred and its services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this policy, including our collection, use, disclosure, processing, and retention of personal information. You can also learn how to limit sharing of information in this policy.
Information We Collect
When you register to the site or use it as a collaborator and register to our affiliate or influencer or similar program, we ask you to provide certain personal information, including a valid email address, Facebook or Google account log-in details, and username. We will also ask you to provide additional information such as your profile details, physical address or telephone number, financial information, taxpayer information, and details about other social networks linked accounts. We may also ask for further information about your listed proposals, purchases, education, profession, and expertise, and additional authentication information such as your government-issued ID, passport, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws. We also collect information about your communications with Gigred as well as communication with other users of Gigred.
We also collect information while you access, browse, view, or otherwise use the site, which means when you access the site, we are aware of your usage of the site. We gather, collect and record the information relating to such use, including geolocation information, IP address, device and connection information, browser information and web-log information, and all communications recorded by Users through the site. We use that information to enhance user experience, personalize your browsing experience, and monitor the site to prevent fraud and inappropriate content or behavior. If applicable, we also collect supplemental information obtained from third parties, such as demographic and navigation data. We combine your personal information with information we collect automatically or get from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content, advertising, and prevent fraud.
Additionally, to improve your online experience at Gigred, we have implemented impression reporting. While you view our ads, we gather user Global Unique Identifier, HTTP request data like user agent, IP, host, URL, country/continent from which request made, browser info, device/operating system/operating system version.
Once you register, your username, country, and additional information regarding your activity are made public and visible to all site users. This information includes photos you upload, your published portfolio, Proposal information, ratings, and additional information you may choose to add to your profile. We also offer you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, blogs, and other similar features. Please be aware that certain information, such as your user name and profile, together with the content uploaded by you, will be publicly displayed when you use such features.
How Do We Collect Information?
Information provided by you - You directly provide us with most of the information we collect when filling out the registration details on the site or linking to your Gigred account accounts of other social networks. It includes information about sellers and their Proposals, education and profession, portfolio sharing, ratings and feedback by buyers, and anything you choose to add to your user profile.
Information we collect from other sources - We receive information from third-party vendors and other commercially available sources such as:
- Third-party vendors provide us with data to supplement the information we collect about you under applicable laws. For example, we receive fraud warnings from service providers for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We also receive information from enrichment service providers to enhance and personalize your experience and from advertising and marketing partners to manage and measure our campaigns.
- Suppose you link, connect, or log in to your Gigred Account with a third-party service (e.g., Google or Facebook). In that case, we receive certain information, such as your registration and profile information, from that service. You control this information via your privacy settings at that service.
- Advertising and marketing partners to monitor, manage and measure our campaigns.
How Do We Use The Information Collected?
Where relevant under applicable laws, all processing of your personal information will be justified by a "lawful ground" for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- you have provided your consent for us to use your personal information for a specific purpose;
- our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g., to provide you with services which you have purchased);
- the processing is necessary to comply with a relevant legal obligation or regulatory obligation that we have (e.g., fraud prevention); or
- the processing is necessary to support our legitimate interests as a business (e.g., to improve our services to you), subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and provided it is proportionately conducted at all times.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with quality service and security, operate the site, perform our obligations to you, and develop and improve our service. For example, we use the information collected from you to verify your identity. We also use this information to establish and set up your account, verify or re-issue a password, log your activity, enable your communications with other members, provide customer support and contact you from time to time. The information helps us develop and improve our services, understand and analyze your preferences and performance, and customize and personalize your experience (including making proposal suggestions, ranking search results, etc.).
- To ensure marketplace integrity, prevent fraud, and maintain a safe and secure marketplace. We conduct specific behavioral analytics to achieve the above objectives. For example, we use your information to track and prevent inappropriate activities, monitor content integrity, conduct security investigations, risk assessments, verify or authenticate information provided by you, enforce our Terms of Service, and comply with applicable laws. In limited cases, if we detect activity that we think poses a risk to the Gigred marketplace, other users, our community, or third parties, automated processes may restrict or limit your ability to use Gigred. If you would like to challenge any such decision, please get in touch with us at [email protected].
- To contact you, as requested by you or as otherwise approved by you or permitted according to this policy.
- To promote and advertise the site and the Gigred marketplace. For example, we use the information collected from you to send direct marketing messages (as detailed below), show you information that may interest you, and organize and facilitate referral programs, contests, or other promotional activities or events.
- To maintain appropriate business records, comply with lawful requests by public authorities, and comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this policy.
- We use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications about our products, services, or promotions from Gigred that may be of interest to you or our related services. This may be via email, post, SMS, telephone, or targeted online advertisements.
- Processing your personal information for marketing purposes is based on our legitimate interest or your consent, or otherwise permitted according to applicable laws. You have a right to prevent direct marketing of any form at any time - this can be exercised by following the opt-out link attached to each communication or by sending an email to [email protected].
- We take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and send you communications that we believe may be of interest or relevance to you based on the information we have about you.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as it is required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances, we will retain your personal information for more extended periods. We will have personal information for the following purposes:
- As long as it is necessary for our operations, e.g., so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenge; and
- With personal information from closed accounts, comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Site terms, and take other actions as permitted by law.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 should provide any personal information to or on the site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Parents and guardians should at all times supervise their children's activities. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We share your personal information with third parties as detailed below:
- We share personal information with service providers that provide us with services to operate the site, open and operate your account, and provide ancillary services and solutions. These include, among others, hosting services, billing and payment vendors, CRM systems, forum hosting, community management services, data and cybersecurity services, web analytics and performance tools, translation tools, IT SaaS services, session recording, communication systems, mailing systems, data optimization and marketing services, data enrichment services, legal and financial advisors or technical consultants. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to safeguard your personal information adequately and only process it under our instructions;
- We share personal information to law enforcement agencies, public authorities, or other parties to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process, or regulatory authorities if we believe we are required to do so by law or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal procedures; when we think it necessary or appropriate to disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this policy; to respond to claims against us; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Gigred, our customers, or the public;
- We share personal information with payment processors, fraud detection agencies, and similar third parties to facilitate payments done via the site and secure the site, and protecting it against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims, or other liabilities;
- Our site includes certain social media features, including single sign-on features. We also share limited personal information with social media platforms and marketing partners, such as Facebook and Google, to promote our Gigred marketplace services. Such features and third-party services collect information about you and set a cookie to enable their functionality. Their policies govern such third parties' features.
- We share personal information to help facilitate interactions between Users. For example, if you are a Buyer, we may share certain limited information about you (such as the fact it is your first purchase on Gigred) with the Seller to ensure the services you receive from the Seller will fit your needs; such sharing of information is limited in scope, will not include personal identifying information (PII) which is not already available to the Seller via the marketplace, and is only intended to improve the services provided by the Seller and your user experience;
- We share personal information with Gigred's corporate affiliates that are related by common control to operate the site, providing our services to you and for other purposes listed herein; and
- Personal information will also be disclosed if we go through a business transition such as a merger, sale, transfer of all or a portion of Gigred's assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event. If we sell any business or assets, we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer. If a third party acquires us or substantially all of our assets, information about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
Please note that your profile information and additional information regarding your activity (including Gigs, reviews, posts on our forum, etc.) are made public and visible to all site users. When you publish your information and share your data with other Gigred Users, you do so at your own risk.
If you choose to share personal information with other users, including Sellers providing you a service via Gigred, such personal information is shared with other users as separate controllers. While Gigred strives to protect your privacy and our Terms of Service require our Users to keep the information shared with them confidential, Gigred cannot ensure that all users do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that other users will comply with your standards.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third-party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions, such as the United States and Israel. Their laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. Whether to third parties or internally, any transfers of personal information from the European Economic Area ("EEA") to countries not deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection are governed by European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses and equivalent data transfer regulations to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and following this policy.
Do Not Track
We take great care in maintaining the site's security and your information and in preventing unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction, or damage to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Among other things, we regularly maintain a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification (concerning payment by credit cards). In addition, we contractually ensure that any third party processing your personal information equally provides for the confidentiality and integrity of your data securely. However, the transmission of data via the internet is not entirely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
Users who have registered to the site agree to keep their password in strict confidence and not disclose it to any third party.
Further information about our data security practices can be provided on request.
Rights of EU Users
Under applicable EU regulation, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- to obtain a copy of your personal information and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal information;
- to erase your personal information in limited circumstances where (a) you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal information; (b) we are processing your personal information based on legitimate interests, and you object to such processing, and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing; (c) where you have provided your personal information to us with your consent, and you wish to withdraw your consent, and there is no other ground under which we can process your personal information, and (d) where you believe we are unlawfully processing the personal information we hold about you;
- to restrict processing of your personal information where: (a) the accuracy of the personal information is contested; (b) the processing is unlawful, but you object to the erasure of the personal information; (c) we no longer require the personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim or (d) you have objected to us processing your personal information based on our legitimate interests, and we are considering your objection;
- To object to decisions that are based solely on automated processing or profiling;
- Where you have provided your personal information to us with your consent, to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller; or
- To obtain a copy of or access to safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside the EEA.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection.
We will ask you for additional data to confirm your identity and security before disclosing the data requested by you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law. We will decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or would cause us to take any action that is not permissible under applicable laws. Additionally, as permitted by applicable laws, we will retain, where necessary certain personal information for a limited period for record-keeping, accounting, and fraud prevention purposes.
Specific Provisions for California Residents
This section of the policy applies to you if you are a California resident.
During the last twelve months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from Users:
- Information that you provide to Gigred, which may include: (i) Personal information, such as name, postal addresses, email addresses, passport number or driving license number, social security number; (ii) Characteristics of protected classifications, such as gender, facial image, audio, professional and education information.
- Information we collect when you use Gigred, including (i) Identifiers and personal information, such as online identifiers, internet protocol (IP) addresses, access device and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions; (ii) commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies; (iii) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to log-in and log-out time, the duration of sessions, the content uploaded and downloaded, viewed web-pages or specific content on web-pages, activity measures; (iv) Location information, based on your IP address.
- Inferences are drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you.
- We obtain personal information listed above from third-party sources, as detailed in the "How Do We Collect Information" section.
We use the personal information we collect or receive for business purposes described above under the "How Do We Use the Information Collected?" section.
As previously mentioned in this policy, we do not sell personal information and will not sell it without providing Users with a right to opt-out.
You are entitled to the following specific rights under the CCPA with personal information related to you:
- You have a right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of personal information related to you over the past months. After verifying your request, we will disclose to you: (i) The categories of personal information that we collect about you; (ii)The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (iii) The purposes for collecting, using, or selling that personal information. (iv) The categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose or sold, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed or sold that particular category of personal information. (v) The specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you. (vi) If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, we have disclosed the categories of personal information. (vii) If we sell your personal information, the categories of personal information we have sold.
- You have a right to request that we delete personal information that we collected from you under certain circumstances and exceptions.
- You also have a right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
To make such requests, we kindly ask that you open a Customer Relations ticket. If you do not have an active Gigred account, please get in touch with us at [email protected].
We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including your email address. Government identification may also be required.
You can make an access request only twice within 12 months. Any disclosures that we provide will only cover the 12 months preceding receipt of your request. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable User request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will inform you of the reasons for such a decision and provide you with a cost estimate before processing your request further.
Updating Personal Information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date. We provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. If you believe your information is in any way inaccurate, please let us know immediately. We will make sure we investigate the matter and correct any inaccuracies as quickly as possible where necessary or give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. If for any reason you have a problem with deleting your personal information, please get in touch with Gigred's Customer Support, and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information according to any applicable privacy laws.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the site and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Generated Content from the site, as defined in the Gigred Terms of Service, copies of your UGC may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Site users. Our Terms of Service govern proper access and use of information provided on the site, including UGC.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, we kindly ask that you open a support ticket. Please include all the relevant details, so your ticket can be handled correctly. We will process any requests in line with any local laws and